Thursday, April 10, 2014

Inspired Beader: Little Sweet Candy Shop

Crochet Nursing Bracelet by Little Sweet Candy Shop

When choosing from the millions of combinations of materials, we don’t often think of the many interesting ways in which jewelry can be used. Not just for looking pretty, jewelry can be so much more. Today’s guest is crochet artist Olesya of Little Sweet Candy Shop, who combines fiber and beads to make lovely necklaces and accessories for moms - and everyone else!

Inspirational Beading: When did you first get started with crochet?

Olesya: For me, crochet has always been a hobby, I learned this as a child from my mom, she was mistress of all trades.

Inspirational Beading: Have you always been interested in jewelry design? How did you get started?

Olesya: Seriously started doing it 6 years ago when a friend offered me a job as a designer and creator of children's toys and beads for moms. This work completely intrigued me, all the time I spent creating new designs, products. Then come up with a whole series of jewelry for women and girls.

My best friend Tanya helped me to create a site with which I have accomplished warriors first sale not only in Ukraine, but also in America, Germany, Denmark. Now my card sales is very extensive, I have made many friends around the world and I'm happy. Half a year ago I discovered Etsy. My shop is rather new, but there are already a lot of fans, friends and associates.

Inspirational Beading: Do you remember your first piece? Where is it today?

Olesya: Like everyone else, probably my first items I gave generously to friends and family. This is my first fans and support group. The first were crocheted earrings - grapefruits. Many years have passed and they are still stored at my sister.

Red Crochet Earrings by Little Sweet Candy Shop Gray and Black Crochet Necklace by Little Sweet Candy Shop


Inspirational Beading: Where do you look for your favorite inspiration?

Olesya: Inspiration for me has always been music (classical, rock, Celtic, ethnic, pop), nature, the work of talented artists - regardless of the type of art. . And the last 4 years the inspiration - this is my family and my daughter.

Inspirational Beading: What’s the most interesting or unique thing about your design process?

Olesya: I like the whole process of all its components from the beginning to the end. But most interesting to me is sketching, selection of materials, tools (this can be engaged around the clock). Wherever I went - always with me a notebook for sketches because ideas can visit me anytime and anywhere.

Inspirational Beading: Do you have a favorite color to work with?

Olesya: Basically I create jewelry accessories, toys for kids that creativity I choose bright different colors, I try to embrace the whole palette, be varied. Children need to be surrounded by happiness, light and love. For the women's collection I choose pastel colors and contrast - turquoise, yellow, green, gray. It depends on my mood, sometimes the wishes of customers.

Funny Fruit Crochet Toys by Little Sweet Candy Shop Miniature Crochet Bear Toys by Little Sweet Candy Shop


Inspirational Beading: What are some of your favorite tools or materials?

Olesya: By virtue of my hobbies, I like a lot of things. This wood, especially juniper (it is so fragrant), natural fabrics, yarn (soft cotton comfort for the body), as well as natural stones, which are also used for jewelry.

Inspirational Beading: What is the most exciting design in your shop right now?

Olesya: I think that is a collection of "funny fruit" - they are all crocheted soft toys with funny faces, which are very popular with children and adults. This collection I thought of 5 years ago.

Wood and Crochet Jewelry by Little Sweet Candy Shop

Inspirational Beading: Who do you hope to inspire with your work?

Olesya: In general, I am very happy if I can inspire someone to do creative work. I want to add a little beauty to the world, to create small toys and jewelry that will delight people, toys that help kids develop, surround them with care, will be safe and useful for them.

You can see more unique jewelry and crochet designs at Little Sweet Candy Shop on Etsy. For the latest designs and inspirations, follow along on Facebook, or on Olesya’s blog.

Copyright 2014 Inspirational Beading and Little Sweet Candy Shop
Subscribe to Inspirational Beading
Get inspired on Facebook and Google+


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful works and a very interesting interview! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many many thanks for this interview! Was very pleased to participate!)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads

Inspiration Topics

accessories amulet Ancient Worlds Modern Beads animals April's Army art ArtFire astrology astronomy autumn awards awareness bangle beach Bead Inspired Bead Shops bead soup bead spotlight bead stash Bead Trays beaded beads beading theory beads belt bezel birthstones black blog spotlight blue boho bone book spotlight bracelet Bracelet A Week branch fringe brick stitch brown bugles buttons cabochon ceramic chain maille challenge charity chevron chain christmas collar Collections color Color Ideas color triads conservation craft shows crafts crochet crystals cuff Culled Beads current events Current Faves daggers Daily Sets daisy chain Delicas Destash drops Dutch spiral earrings Egypt Egyptian Gods embellishing embroidery environment etsy exotic fair trade fantasy fashion Favorite Beads Favorite Techniques feminine fibers film findings fire polish fixtures Flashback Test flickr inspiration flowers food found object free form fringe Geek Jewels geekery gemstones geography giveaway glass gold gray Greece green herringbone hex cuts history holiday home decor insects inspiration tip inspired beader Inspired by... Inspiring Links ivory Jewelry Stash knitting ladder stitch lampwork lariat leaf fringe leather lights literature loomwork macrame magatamas Master Class Medallions metal free metalwork Mini Collar a Week mixed media mixture Mood Board MOP multi-color multi-strand music natural beads nature necklace Necklace a Day Nepal chain netting New Beads ocean ombre orange paint paper patterns pearls pendant peyote photography Picasso finish pink Pinspiration PMC polymer clay poster sketch purple quick inspiration rainbow RAW red resin ring Ring a Day rivoli Rome Russian spiral scarf science seed beads shell silver soutache spiral rope spring square stitch St. Petersburg steampunk stringing stripes summer tagua TBT The Elements thread Tilas Time Capsule tools trade beads triangle weave tribal tropical turquoise tutorial two-hole beads Ugly vintage Wear it Twice weather white winter WIP wire wishlist wood World Beaders yellow
Blog Home * About * Beading Tutorials * Advertise

Learn About Sponsoring Inspirational Beading with Project Wonderful
Affiliated With ShareASale.com and Amazon.com