Friday, November 26, 2010

Inspired Beader: Lavender Field

Colorido Long Crochet Necklace by Lavender Field

Every now and then, I come across a design that makes me say “Wow!” That is the reaction I had after seeing the amazing crochet jewelry at Lavender Field. The artist, Victoria, creates amazing sculptural crochet jewelry with a flair for color.

Inspirational Beading: How did you first get into jewelry design?

Victoria: I guess by simply following my instincts and just doing what I was naturally attracted to. I just simply stumbled into it on my way to discovering my innermost creativity. I always believed in following my instincts, because I know they lead me into what's best for me.

Inspirational Beading: Do you remember your first crochet project?

Ochre Autumn Crochet Bubbles Necklace by Lavender Field

Victoria: Well I remember the first crochet necklace I made. But I didn't really sit down to design it. I was simply playing around, making loops in different colors and then when I put them all together I thought to my self "wow, that looks nice", and then that's when I decided to turn it into a necklace. I never sold that specific one because my daughter liked it so she kept it for herself!

Inspirational Beading: Where do you like to look for new inspiration?

Victoria: I think that color must be my single most inspiring source. I am so attracted to colors and color combinations. I can't think of life without color and I love being in colorful places.

Inspirational Beading: Do you have a favorite color to work with?

Victoria: Yes, I find that I'm naturally very attracted to green, but in general I just love all colors. Even if there's one that I don't find particularly attractive, once you combine it with another color that compliments it and gives it some dignity, then it suddenly becomes a beautiful color.

Squared Crochet Necklace by Lavender Field

Inspirational Beading: Who do you hope to inspire with your work?

Victoria: Whoever finds my work inspiring. But I would like to give the message to aspiring artists to believe in themselves and don't be afraid to show your true colors. We are all so unique, so I believe there is no need to copy other people. Just be your own unique self and people will eventually admire and respect you for that.

More About Victoria:

I have a Bachelor of Arts from University of Houston, Texas. I'm forever a learner, and I have an insatiable urge to create, create, create stuff with my hands.

My style is very unique as I don't follow any trends, but actually make my own. And even though I find inspiration in colors and other things I consider beautiful, my jewelry is 100% a product of my own imagination.

Melia Crochet Bib Necklace by Lavender Field

My creations are not your usual, boring crochet, but on the contrary they exude a great sense of uniqueness in their color combinations and styles which you won't find anywhere else!

You can learn more about these designs at Lavender Field on Etsy or here: Bold Statement Jewelry Using Crochet. To get the latest news, follow Lavender Field on Twitter or check out Victoria’s blog, This Way Handmade.



Copyright 2010 Inspirational Beading and Lavender Field


3 comments:

  1. Such an unusual use of crochet - and I love the beaded touches. Thanks for another great feature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting for me!! Thanks sooo much for the feature and keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What excellent crochet jewelry. I usually find crochet pieces to be a bit pedestrian but the use of color and design are really special in these.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads

Inspiration Topics

accessories amulet Ancient Worlds Modern Beads animals April's Army art ArtFire astrology astronomy autumn awards awareness bangle beach Bead Inspired Bead Shops bead soup bead spotlight bead stash Bead Trays beaded beads beading theory beads belt bezel birthstones black blog spotlight blue boho bone book spotlight bracelet Bracelet A Week branch fringe brick stitch brown bugles buttons cabochon ceramic chain maille challenge charity chevron chain christmas collar Collections color Color Ideas color triads conservation craft shows crafts crochet crystals cuff Culled Beads current events Current Faves daggers Daily Sets daisy chain Delicas Destash drops Dutch spiral earrings Egypt Egyptian Gods embellishing embroidery environment etsy exotic fair trade fantasy fashion Favorite Beads Favorite Techniques feminine fibers film findings fire polish fixtures Flashback Test flickr inspiration flowers food found object free form fringe Geek Jewels geekery gemstones geography giveaway glass gold gray Greece green herringbone hex cuts history holiday home decor insects inspiration tip inspired beader Inspired by... Inspiring Links ivory Jewelry Stash knitting ladder stitch lampwork lariat leaf fringe leather lights literature loomwork macrame magatamas Master Class Medallions metal free metalwork Mini Collar a Week mixed media mixture Mood Board MOP multi-color multi-strand music natural beads nature necklace Necklace a Day Nepal chain netting New Beads ocean ombre orange paint paper patterns pearls pendant peyote photography Picasso finish pink Pinspiration PMC polymer clay poster sketch purple quick inspiration rainbow RAW red resin ring Ring a Day rivoli Rome Russian spiral scarf science seed beads shell silver soutache spiral rope spring square stitch St. Petersburg steampunk stringing stripes summer tagua TBT The Elements thread Tilas Time Capsule tools trade beads triangle weave tribal tropical turquoise tutorial two-hole beads Ugly vintage Wear it Twice weather white winter WIP wire wishlist wood World Beaders yellow
Blog Home * About * Beading Tutorials * Advertise

Learn About Sponsoring Inspirational Beading with Project Wonderful
Affiliated With ShareASale.com and Amazon.com